Monday, February 6, 2012

mickey story chapter thirteen

You may think I have forgotten about Mickey.  My small but charming friend who is nearly seven years old (Children! You turn your back and they grow like weeds).  I have recently had a cup of tea with Mickey's mother, and she has filled me in on some more Mickey escapades.  I feel my role in these conversations is to be calm and listen incredulously.  And supply tea with sugar.  And cake.  Much cake.  Not that we support our emotions with food........

She informed me about a recent event in the life of Mickey.

Mickey's mother was having a holiday up the coast with the children, so they were sleeping in one room with some of them on the floor.  She was just dozing off when she heard a squirt squirt noise coming from Mickey's side of the room.  Thinking he was just getting a quick sip from his water bottle she turned over and tried to ignore it, chasing the deep deep place of sleep.

The squirting continued, and she opened her eyes to blurrily make out Mickey grinning in her face.  Recognizing the wild look in his eye she quickly looked for the source of the squirting.  It was not the placed drinking from the water bottle she had imagined, but the squirt squirt noise of tomato sauce being squeezed all over her bed.

Tomato sauce.

Like he was setting up a scene for CSI.  She almost expected him to do a  chalk outline and set up police tape.

Mickey your brain goes in directions we cannot even begin to start to guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!