Sunday, February 19, 2012

A real conversation not half an hour ago

Mum!
What?
Mum!
What do you want?
You never listen.
I'm listening now.
Come here it's important.
Hang on. I am not instant time transport mum (unappreciated humour)
You never come you don't care.
Ok I'm here now (thinking about words with friends turn) what did you want to say?
It doesn't matter
Well it obviously does - you are upset.
You're not going to listen anyway.
I am listening (clutching side of pants to remain calm)
I am a horrible person and a terrible daughter. Just go away.
But I just came in here.
You didn't want to. Go back to your movie
(words with friends. Breathe) Stop doing emotional manipulation and tell me what you would like.
You went out of the room - you always ignore me
Not always, only when you have been in bed for an hour and it is quarter past nine and sleep should be happening
Just LISTEN TO ME
Ok
I just want to talk with you
What did you want to say?
It doesn't matter now. You're not interested.
How about we practise your breathing and go to sleep.
I can't sleep. I'm not tired.
In, out, in, out - your muscles are sinking through the bed
(breathing)
Good night
Don't leave me
Never. I love you.
(breathing. Sleeping)
(leaves to have words with friends turn. Unsure what needed listening to and what the issue was. But glad to remain relatively calm and have a sleeping child.)





1 comment:

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!