Tuesday, February 14, 2012

you are de vine

and we are de branches.

Boom ching!

But seriously - whenever I am gardening I think about how quite spiritual it is.  All that pruning and growing and reshaping, pulling out weeds and encouraging the 'good' plants.  It is no surprise there are so many gardening/farming stories/metaphors in the Bible.

This vine climbing and creeping over the pergola has to come down.

The pergola is just too rotten.  The vine is one of the reasons I love this house.  As soon as I saw the vine over the patio I knew we had to buy this house.  It was so....viney and sleeping beauty castley. But sometimes you have to do dramatic pruning because the inside is all rotten.  I am going to keep the bottom of the vine and see if I can grow it up again into glorious covering of the patio when we build a new pergola.  In about twenty years.

And then this appeared after the storm yesterday afternoon.



That dead tree right there.  Really.  I had no idea we had a dead tree right near our house.  Amazing.  The rainbow lorikeets love it.

.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!