Saturday, July 14, 2012

a classic

Went to watch a wedding today of a friend from church.


We scrubbed up well.  And listened to the lovely strains of the classic Anglican marriage service. Those words are comforting and strong - for better for worse, for richer for poorer,  in sickness and in health, until death do us part.  It was a reminder of the promises I made nearly seventeen years, two kids, less wrinkles and two dogs ago.


They both cried during the vows.  Awwwww.


She looks so pretty and cool.  Sometimes I wonder how I know such pretty, cool people. 


I just hope my cover of inner dagginess is not blown soon. 

For example, I have been asked to give a quick talk tomorrow (let's say 2 minutes) at a church lunch and have over prepared as usual with a photo slideshow, video presentation, notes and amusing anecdotes. 

Nerd.

But a nerd very happy to see a friend get married.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!