Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Traveling day one

And we're off!


Waiting at Sydney International airport to board the first flight to China, and then on to Krygyzstan. This trip has been about 14 months in the planning - I really hope I haven't forgotten anything! The possibility of sleep on the first flight is slim, as I am pretty excited and nervous. And I never really sleep in transit, although I have not experienced first class travel. I could probably sleep if I had a flat bed and attentive air hostesses. As it is we are in economy. I am hoping for a movie and a free snack.

I am really looking forward to meeting the kids and families we are going to work with. I am looking forward to meeting the teachers and carers we are going to train. I am looking forward to eating dumplings.....many many dumplings.

I have the most luggage out of Annie, Deanne and myself. I have probably over packed, but I am planning to leave half of it (therapy resources and a laptop with Boardmaker) in Krygyzstan as gifts. Just realized that means more room for presents on the way back (hear that my children!!).

Two more hours to wait.....

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!