Friday, March 29, 2013

Traveling day twenty-three - in which we shop until we stop

Crazy Market day.  Imagine Crazy Clark's
spread over ten blocks, with each street featuring a different product - hair accessories street, sewing machine street, toy street, sticky tape street, scarf street, leather jacket street, homewards street....I
always wonder how any of the shops make any money if they are all together.  I guess the sheer numbers of people in China ensures that there are enough buyers for the sellers.
I did some prop shopping in the market, and we had a very local lunch at a street cafe with a
lady who had the lungs of a trained opera singer, and a young chef with a carefully folded newspaper chef hat.  Delicious food cooked right in front of us with ingredients we had picked out from the containers on the table.






choosing what to have for lunch

love his newspaper chef hat

old apartments being demolished to make room for new ones

wires...Chinese style

I have loved hanging out with my friends here in China and re-connecting with some friends I met last time.  It is definitely worth investing in relationships, the pay-off is so amazing.  Each time I travel it is also a good time to do some self-examining and personal growth.  And make it less about me.

My mind is turning to home, and I am keen to get there.  But there are two days of full on travel to go......Australia is a long way from China.

Onwards.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!