Sunday, November 14, 2010

dancing concert

Well.  It's done.

Dancing concert 2010.  My fourth one in a row.

All things considered, it went very well.  There were minor costume dramas (somehow my oldest daughter lost half of her costume between the dress rehearsal and the performance - from a sealed bag!!!), parts where the youngest dancing class made everyone laugh out loud, lovely dancing from everyone, and very proud mummy moments as my two girls remembered all their steps and looked amazing and smiled.

5 things I like about our dance school
1. I don't have to sew costumes for the concert - we just hire them each year for $15 and they get reconfigured into different dances
2.  I have not met any pushy dancing mums - every other mum is happy to lend a hand with my dancing mum inadequacies - forgetting pins, lipstick, hairspray, where the children are supposed to be
3. All of the girls in the concert look beautiful, not tarty.  Even the big hip hop teenagers.
4. Our dancing teacher is calm and nothing ever seems to phase her.  I have never heard her shout - even when she had a baby in between the ballet exams and the concert last year.  She understands we have lives other than her dancing school.
5. My girls seem to have learnt to dance!

Some pictures...

3 comments:

  1. so cute and adorable.
    I'm glad the school is still great- I recommended it to another young girl's mum.
    Love Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh hooray! yes, I wish I could find a school like that down here. The girls look fantastic. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. My lovely grand daughters have starred again. You look fabulous Gab and Annika.
    Sorry I couldn't be there this year but looking forward to seeing the school musical next week.
    Love from Granny

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!