Sunday, November 28, 2010

tree house

When my daughters were three and one my husband built them a wonderful treehouse.  He designed it himself, and built it in the mango tree in the back yard.  He had to get out his year 12 maths book to work out the angles for the pitch of the roof, as the four posts are not evenly placed.  It is quite high - safety not being my primary concern. I figure they will learn.  It's the same reason I don't have a trampoline with safety pads.  Old school for us!  No-one has fallen out of it yet.  Although I have caught a visiting young boy doing a piddle through the branches from the roof of the tree house.

It has provided hours of fun for the girls and a place to escape when their mother is reminding...nagging..about cleaning their rooms.  The mango tree and the vines have started reclaiming some space over the last couple of years when it has actually rained in Brisbane.  It's a jungle out there.

We even had a family portrait in the treehouse!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!