Saturday, October 22, 2011

the dancing bun

No.  Not a bread product doing a salsa.  The dancing bun is what is required for Ballet Exams.  Which is what Gab had yesterday.

She was up from 5.30 am excited about her exam, but for some reason she only started to get ready at 8.45 - we had to leave at 9.  I think she was mentally preparing. 

Part of the preparation is doing the dancing bun.  The best way to do this with Gab's curly hairs is to wet it thoroughly, then put hair gel in it, then do the bun.  As I was doing this yesterday morning I was up to the gel part I reached into the cupboard and pulled out gel. 

Unfortunately it was bath gel.  Her hair started to froth and smelt wonderfully like strawberries.  Back in the shower while I found the hair gel.  Hee hee hee.  I told here if she forgot to smile in her exam just remember she had bath gel in her hair.



 
She was happy and confident going in, and happy and confident when she came out. 

I think the ballet exam was good.

1 comment:

  1. Are there do's and Don'ts with bun creating?
    I bought a $2 hair thingy which creates a bun from a ponytail- super duper!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!