Thursday, October 20, 2011

take a breath....

I can feel it coming.  Like a summer storm that has been building, the air seems heavy and tense.  Where one wrong look or glance can be interpreted many different ways and blown well out or proportion.  Where the ice is thin and most mortals fear to tread.

Teenage girl alert.

at school this morning - 96five radio station visit
Apparently they are re-oganising their sensory systems at this age, as well as coping with hormones, friendships, self-value, and mothers who do not understand them.  It is a perfect storm.

When she was born I was so excited to have a baby girl.  So precious and beautiful.  My second thought (my SECOND thought after giving birth) was - I am going to have a grade nine girl.

So even though that is still a few years off we are getting the advance guard of hormones now.  Just testing the waters, scouting the territory, testing the zone limits.

I know some wonderful teenage girls.  I know some wonderful grown up women.  How did they get there?  And how can I get my girls there?

Pray.

Ask my friends.

And take a breath.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!