Monday, October 10, 2011

same same but different

Being back in Brisbane after spending some time in wild random Asia is slightly surreal. It's like my ears have not popped after the plane and I am in a slightly muffled bubble. I can drink the water from the tap here, and walk across the road when the green man goes beep beep beep beep. I know what to buy in the shop and I didn't bargain with the check out person at Woollies today. Everyone stays in the one lane on the road and we are wearing seltbelts again. I might need to go down to the Asian shops in Sunnybank, buy something random and eat some awesome food.

In other news our puppy is so fun. She is still getting used to living here and we are getting used to her. Her name is Scooter - as a kind of Muppets/Vietnam homage. She does not whinge and is a curious bold sort of dog. She is also very trainable. I am hoping to teach her some cool tricks. After she learns to wee outside (she is currently using the bathroom - which makes sense...).






I don't go back to work until January next year - long service leave. Yay! There is a list building of ideas and projects I want to achieve, as well as much catching up with people. And supporting the girls through what is looking like a very busy term. Such fun. Such fun.

1 comment:

  1. Stop feeding her!- She's grown so much in a week- she's sooo fluffy!
    Again I say "quick quicks" is a great cue for weeing!

    ReplyDelete

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!