Sunday, October 16, 2011

thinking and inspired

I have spent a lot of time in the garden in the last week.  Mostly because I am hanging around waiting for a puppy to tinkle.  And while I am standing there for a wee time, I look at my plants and plan away.

So far I have planned the new improved chicken run, the hedge along the bottom fence (lemon scented myrtle - apparently a mosquito repellant), the garden under the mango tree and several vegetable herb garden projects.  In my imagination.

With green thumbs blazing I popped into the Brisbane Green Heart Fair at the showgrounds today to get free plants, free herbs and a free electrical board.  And had a very long chat with a weed management guy - where I found out that much of my green garden consists of noxious weeds that need to be painted with poison.  I need to go to the council website and do a bit of 'what weed is that?'.

This corner of the garden needs some work.  I am thinking I will fence it in and let the new chickens do the weeding.

Gardening.  Lots of weeding, pruning, planning, tending, watering, prickles and joy.

Much like a life lived with God.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Love to hear from you...just so I know there is someone out there!